- Using the Deployment Planning Template; understanding primary deployment concepts; planning hardware deployment logistics; planning usage management
Deploying Individual Items and Containers
- Mac OS X file deployment considerations; using archive files for deployment; using ARD 3 to deploy items; using disk images for deployment
Deploying with Installation Packages
- Understanding Mac OS X installation technology; creating installation packages; using installation package actions, scripting, and snapshots; deploying and maintaining installation packages; third-party installation tools
Creating System Images
- Understanding system image creation, integrating systems with managed preferences, customizing a system prior to imaging, preparing a system for image creation, creating a cloned system image with Disk Utility; using System Image Utility to create NetBoot, Network Install, and NetRestore images.
Deploying System Images
- Understanding System Image deployment, Understanding the NetBoot service, configuring the NetBoot service, configuring clients to boot with a network disk image, monitoring and troubleshooting the NetBoot service, deploying system images with NetRestore, configuring ASR network multicast, deploying systems with NetInstall, and using System Image Utility workflow actions.
Postimaging Deployment Considerations
- Postimaging client configuration techniques; postimaging server configuration techniques; third-party postimaging configuration tools
- Understanding system maintenance concepts; using Apple tools for system maintenance; using the Apple Software Update service; third-party system maintenance tools