- In this course, students experience computer programming from the perspective of a novice who is gaining an understanding of programming using the Python language.
- Students will code applications, projects, and games and will develop problem-solving skills that can help them build successful careers.
- Early in the course, short programs will be created based on new concepts.
- As learning progresses students will produce increasingly complex programs.
- Students will ultimately design and create games.
- In addition students will gain knowledge of the career and educational opportunities available in Computer Programming and demonstrate the personal and social responsibility skills needed to obtain and retain employment
- Access the editor, enter code, and run the program.
- Declare, name, and assign values to variables.
- Create and use functions.
- Interpret and create programming documentation.
- Design, develop, and implement effective programs.
Introduction to Python and Computer Science
Introduction to Objects and GUI Development