You Will Learn How To
- Build and manage SQL Server 2008 databases
- Retrieve and manipulate data with SQL queries
- Integrate SQL Server with .NET, Microsoft Office and XML
- Secure and monitor databases with Management Studio
- Replicate data over multiple servers with merge replication
- Transform data into strategic information using Business Intelligence processes
Who Should Attend
Those who are new to Microsoft SQL Server. Familiarity with relational databases is helpful.
- SQL Server 2008 offers a progressive and powerful way to manage your organization's information.
- A robust and scalable enterprise solution, SQL Server 2008 extends the features of SQL Server 2005 and improves application development time and cost management.
- This hands-on course provides a solid foundation on which to build essential SQL Server development and administrative skills, including creating databases, generating Transact-SQL statements, implementing security and replicating data over multiple servers.
- Creating tables and constraints
- Manipulating data with SQL
- Integrating SQL Server with Office
- Securing access to SQL Server from intruders
- Backing up databases to prevent disasters with the Maintenance Plan Wizard
- Replicating data between multiple databases
- Rendering a report with Reporting Services
- Fundamentals of relational databases
SQL Server 2008 editions
SQL Server components and tools
- SQL Server Management Studio
- Management reports
- Business Intelligence Development Studio
- SQL Server Agent
- Database engine
Constructing the Database
- Choosing files and directories
- Allocating file size and growth parameters
- Implementing database schemas