- Write, compile and execute Java programs
- Build robust applications using Java's object-oriented features
- Create robust applications using Java class libraries
- Develop platform-independent GUIs
- Read and write data using Java streams
- Retrieve data from a relational database with JDBC
- Java's unique architecture enables programmers to develop a single application that can run across multiple platforms seamlessly and reliably.
- In this hands-on course, you gain extensive experience with Java and its object-oriented features. < li>You learn to create robust console and GUI applications and store and retrieve data from relational databases.
Who Should Attend
- Anyone developing Java applications.
- Previous experience with a programming language such as C, Pascal or COBOL is assumed.
- Familiarity with Web technologies and object concepts is helpful.
A series of hands-on exercises provides experience creating Java applications. Through an ongoing case study, you design and build an intricate desktop application modeled on a well-known Web site.
- Developing an object-oriented model with UML notation
- Creating Java objects and calling their methods
- Structuring data with the Java collections API
- Creating portable GUIs with Swing components
- Adding event handling to GUIs
- Retrieving data from a relational database with JDBC
Introduction to Java Programming
Structure of a Java program
Object-Oriented Programming with Java
Java's object-oriented features
Structure of the Java Language
Building the components of a Java program
Java Foundation Classes (JFC)
Storing and Retrieving Data with File I/O
Files and directories
Working with Relational Databases
JDBC database access